Monday, May 30, 2011

A Manifesto

   Ha! Right? A manifesto? Anyone who starts off a blog with a manifesto is, well, not me.
   Here's the problem with manifestos: they're so, I don't know, precious. It's, like: I have a clear view of how things will be--at least here in my little word world.
   Jesus. How long have we been alive? After a certain age (four), you realize nothing is clear, ever. So the best manifesto is no manifesto, or:

   I DON'T KNOW

   That's a pretty good one, right? So let's start this blog with that. The no-manifesto manifesto. The purpose statement of no purpose. The mission statement to have no mission.
   We'll just stumble along together and see what happens.
   Stumbling: a statement in and of itself.
   Or, to facially quote a man accused two days ago of shooting at a grounded private airplane in Phoenix (the plane's owner said the mugshot "doesn't strike you as that of a responsible, working citizen"):






No comments:

Post a Comment